Monday, June 20, 2011

Long Time No Blog

If I wait to blog one more week, it will be exactly one year since my last post. (What better day to start a new entry, right?) However, if I put off blogging another week, procrastination might officially take over my life and I may never become a diligent blogger. So... it may not be exactly a year since my previous post, but by starting today, instead of putting it off yet again, I'm sort of pledging to blog more frequently, even if my mom is the only one who reads this!! A lot has happened in one year, and I've realized I will someday forget these priceless moments if I don't buckle down and write about it.

A quick recap of the last year:

--Jackson is no longer scared of his big boy bed. He does, however, still climb into our bed in the middle of night. Sometimes, we don't notice until morning.
--We potty trained Jackson last summer, a few months after he turned two. One adventure I won't forget.
--Jackson started Barn Yard Gate "private school" aka daycare because the DLC at FBA, where Adam works, closed its doors. After a few rough days (for Jackson and mommy!), we adjusted to the new place.
--Adam and I began our 4th year of teaching. Adam graduated with his master's degree in May 2011, and I reached the half way point for mine (due to graduate in Dec. 2012).
--We had Thanksgiving at our house (first time!) with my side of the family. I found out Thanksgiving Day I was pregnant.
--Jackson was actually excited about Christmas this year. Months later, he will still occasionally ask if it is getting close yet.
--Jackson's favorite Bible story is Adam and Eve in the garden, partly because of the sneaky snake and partly because of the name Adam. Every time he hears the name Adam, he says, "That's you, Daddy!" He also likes the story of Noah.

Now, that we're all caught up, I can start blogging current events. Jackson is a talkative three year old now, and we are expecting baby boy number two in August. The summer months will be spent preparing the nursery, organizing and cleaning the house, and getting ready for another school year in the fall. This should make for some good reading! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay for Baby #2 and welcome back to blogging! We missed you!

Josh and Shan said...

Yay! You're back!! I'm soooooo excited to meet Jace!