Monday, January 2, 2012

 Starting a new year always brings out the list maker/organization side of me. And, this year, I've got quite the list! In addition to more exercise and healthy eating habits, less TV and procrastination, I've added BLOGGING to my goals! Time is always an issue-- two kids (one being an infant), grading, lesson plans, and working on a master's degree occupies a lot of it, and I've got to sleep at some point. Therefore, my blogging goal is an easy one (hopefully!). So fellow bloggers and readers of blogs, I will attempt to blog twice a month. And you better believe this entry counts as one of my two posts for the month of January!

I'm a little sad that Christmas over. It was such a fun holiday season with the boys. I look forward to next year as much as Jackson, who has been asking everyday since Christmas "how close is Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas?" I showed him a calendar this morning, and I wish I could have captured the look on his face as I kept turning page after page. Maybe he understands now? 

I've included a few of my favorite pictures (snapped with my iPhone, which is another goal--Take more pictures!).

Jackson and Jace watching the favorite movie of this season-
"Polar Express"

Jackson accompanied Daddy to work on his last day before
Christmas break. They took a coffee/chocolate milk break.

We had to visit the "North Pole Express" this year. It was a fun, decorated little town with a train ride to the North Pole. The elves sang Christmas song favorites, and Santa made an appearance on the train! Jackson wanted to know why we didn't get all the way to North Pole. Of course, the tracks were too icy to get there. Here are a few pictures from our fun night! 












We decided to have Christmas morning at our own home this year. It was so fun waking the boys up Christmas morning. Jackson saw the Cars tracks and parking garage Santa left him set up around the tree, and said with disbelief, "Are you kidding me? Is Santa kidding?"And, Jacey-Jace loved his stuffed puppy Santa left him. Adam and I had already packed up the car the night before so once we finished opening presents and eating breakfast, we jumped in the car and headed for grandma's house. There was no one on the road, and Jace slept. With only one short stop at the only opened place- Starbucks, we made it to Grandma and PaPa's just in time for Christmas lunch and more presents. My family came over later that evening for dessert. We spent the week having Christmases with different family members (my parents, my grandparents and family on Mom's side, my grandparents and family on Dad's side, Adam's grandparents on both sides) and drove our overflowing SUV back home on New Year's Eve with two tired boys..make that three tired boys, ready to be back in their own beds.


Jackson, as my dad would say, "made out like a bandit!"
Matching hats made by Aunt Gerilyn


Being silly before bed time at Grandma's
Jace giving "kisses"

1 comment:

Josh and Shan said...

Yay!! So glad to have you back in the blogging world!